If you are purchasing a property and there are trees nearby, your insurance company or mortgage lender may request a tree report. Coastal Tree Consultancy can provide a tree survey and report investigating issues or concerns raised within the home buyer’s survey report.
This is often called the Mortgage or Homebuyers Tree Report and identifies the potential risk to properties from vegetation related subsidence, direct physical damage to built structures or tree failure, and allows for an informed decision on the appropriate level of remedial works to satisfy the insurance company or lender.
The report contains the following professional advice:
- Site survey Identifying all trees or vegetation that may potentially cause damage, including site plan
- A brief health and risk assessment to identify potential direct and indirect threats of injury or damage from defective trees
- Comments on the underlying soil type
- Advice on the likelihood of damage occurring
- Conditions and recommendations for any works to be carried out
- Identifies factors which require more in depth investigation
We aim to visit the site and provide a mortgage report (pdf format) within 5 days of the instruction date (24-48hr turn around may be possible), and offer this service for a fixed price of £300.00 (VAT n/a).
As part of our service, we would be more than happy to meet the prospective purchaser on site to discuss any potential tree maintenance/safety issues that may concern them.